Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Banned
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #101 (Edited)
Women are like men, they want what we want, alot of guys don't know that. We are all brought up thinking to look at women very different, that is why so many of us have problems with them. They are different in certain aspects but they are also very similar in nature. I will tell you guys a story about a woman I know..

She is about a 9(on a 1 - 10 scale), we have drinks and hang once in a while, but her personality is so cool, we just get along. I've learned alot from this chick over the years, and yeah we dated early on before, but it just didn't work, she was too bit&%y in a relationship, so now I just see her on occassion. The reason we still talk, is that I have learned the ins and outs of women from this. Very informative, I'm not going to say I have any secrets but for me it really helped. I have my own chicks I deal with, and yeah the hot women have huge confidence issues but are always approached. The only way to pick 'em up is to get into conversation with them or if you're into one night stands hit the bars/clubs up. just sayin people there is alot for us all to learn, not only in painting industrial buildings, so let's ease it up a bit.

·
Banned
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
How did the job work out Mitch?
Well it is of course finished. As they say in Rome "al dente"...

Still waiting on the final payment, should be here any day now, which will go a long way to replenishing the ole' banko. Cindy gave me a nice firm hug at the end and a thank you, as for the other temps they all got taken out for a lunch. We busted up some crab legs, threw back some cold ones and replenished the morale and had some laughs. I think we all learned something from this that can't be taught in a book.

If and when I get my feet wet next time in a new project like painting something extreme, I will have to research and find those in the know first, before jumping in. "When in Rome" as they say...

·
Da Boss....
474 Posts
We have all had those "learning" experiences. I would recommend doing an "after action report". Go over each phase of the job and evaluate your budget versus actual. (I keep track of all hours) Learn from it, and don't repeat any mistakes! Did you make money, break even at least?

·
Banned
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
We have all had those "learning" experiences. I would recommend doing an "after action report". Go over each phase of the job and evaluate your budget versus actual. (I keep track of all hours) Learn from it, and don't repeat any mistakes! Did you make money, break even at least?
Good advice Paul. That is what I've been doing lately, thinking through the hours and man hours and time. Handling the contacts seems to be an art, and the job is more or less robotic, so I had to switch "hats" to get into the groove of it all at times... Yeah I made money, going to be buying some gold here with the last check.

·
Da Boss....
474 Posts
Glad to hear you made out in the end. Stepping outside your "comfort zone" is how you learn. Keep good records of your production rates, material rates and just refer back to it when you get another one like it! :thumbsup:

·
A bit abrasive.
1,529 Posts
Women are like men, they want what we want, alot of guys don't know that. We are all brought up thinking to look at women very different, that is why so many of us have problems with them. They are different in certain aspects but they are also very similar in nature. I will tell you guys a story about a woman I know..

She is about a 9(on a 1 - 10 scale), we have drinks and hang once in a while, but her personality is so cool, we just get along. I've learned alot from this chick over the years, and yeah we dated early on before, but it just didn't work, she was too bit&%y in a relationship, so now I just see her on occassion. The reason we still talk, is that I have learned the ins and outs of women from this. Very informative, I'm not going to say I have any secrets but for me it really helped. I have my own chicks I deal with, and yeah the hot women have huge confidence issues but are always approached. The only way to pick 'em up is to get into conversation with them or if you're into one night stands hit the bars/clubs up. just sayin people there is alot for us all to learn, not only in painting industrial buildings, so let's ease it up a bit.

now that you learned the "secrets" of women, put down the blow up doll and get out there you rascal!!

btw, blow up betty is actually more of a 4/10.
just sayin'.

·
Banned
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
now that you learned the "secrets" of women, put down the blow up doll and get out there you rascal!!

btw, blow up betty is actually more of a 4/10.
just sayin'.
You get back into your realm of the painting forum world you! We will have none of it here!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
/

We also used dryfall in other areas but as you can see we completely poly the floors and still had to powerwash floor when done. Don’t forget when you estimate an exposed ceiling to add the appropriate factor or you lose……big time.
YOu got a guy working in a lift without a harness? When you take lift training, they instruct you to wear a harness. That's just careless.

·
Registered
19 Posts
One more thing, over time is cool, but working from lifts the guys shouldn't work anymore than 10 hours. If you need to put in more time, you should schedule two shifts. So that means you will need 2 painters, plus customers don't like to see you crack the whip on your guys for such a long day. Plus your workers will end up costing you more money by dragging around.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Glad the job worked out for you Mitch. Glad you stayed away from the Zinc Primer as well. How did your salesmen cover up the mistake?

101 - 115 of 115 Posts