Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sawzall just died, whats a good HD brand currently?
Last Tiger Saw lasted 15 yrs, was thinking Makita or Milwaukee.
Thanks.

·
Semi retired/ Over worked
58 Posts
Sawzall just died, whats a good HD brand currently?
Last Tiger Saw lasted 15 yrs, was thinking Makita or Milwaukee.
Thanks.
Since Milwaukee sold out I would be very careful with them. I have had all kind of problems with there new stuff. I am going back to Dewalt.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Good sawsall

I have Porer Cable Tiger sae, one first offer toolless blade changes. Lots power & not bad for vibration, changed cord couple times. I have 2 Dewalt cordless, 18v, 1 XPR is little mor hevy duty & can put blade in @90 to handle. Have a old corded Makita still running but got pull start the plade (bad armethure) not very safe !:eek:

·
Work too cheap
40 Posts
Find an old Milwaukee Super Sawzall, they are the best, whatever you do don't get a corded Makita or Ridgid unless you like the vibrations....lol

·
Super Moderator
10,676 Posts
Find an old Milwaukee Super Sawzall, they are the best, whatever you do don't get a corded Makita or Ridgid unless you like the vibrations....lol
You must be talking about the old model of Makita corded. I have two of the jr3070ct and they are awesome. 15 amps and very little vibration. I have used Milwaukee and Porter Cable in the past but the Makita is my current favorite.

Cordless? I could care less. We currently use the Dewalts by default. I have not been very impressed with the cordless models by any of the manufacturers.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a Milwaukee and a Hilti......The hilti has a problem with blades popping out when the material you are cutting causes vibration (like sheet metal) so for me the Milwaukee is the best....Im talking corded sawzalls.

I also have a Dewalt cordless that is a POS and is only usefully for cutting 1/2" drywall and maybe some ABS plumbing pipe...It completely lacks power and battery life.

·
Work too cheap
40 Posts
You must be talking about the old model of Makita corded. I have two of the jr3070ct and they are awesome. 15 amps and very little vibration. I have used Milwaukee and Porter Cable in the past but the Makita is my current favorite.

Cordless? I could care less. We currently use the Dewalts by default. I have not been very impressed with the cordless models by any of the manufacturers.

Yeah I need to try some of the newer Makita tools as every old makita I used was JUNK. Kinda like the new Milwaukee and Porter Cable stuff now.

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
I have a Milwaukee and a Hilti......The hilti has a problem with blades popping out when the material you are cutting causes vibration (like sheet metal) so for me the Milwaukee is the best....Im talking corded sawzalls.

I also have a Dewalt cordless that is a POS and is only usefully for cutting 1/2" drywall and maybe some ABS plumbing pipe...It completely lacks power and battery life.
If your Hilti rep can't get your saw fixed or replaced for you gratis, then you have a crappy rep.

·
pro
850 Posts
Yeah I need to try some of the newer Makita tools as every old makita I used was JUNK. Kinda like the new Milwaukee and Porter Cable stuff now.

definatly look into the new makita they had slacked off in years past but now in my opinion they are the best thing going right now both corded and cordless. I have started buying alot of there new line and im loving them.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have the newer, 15 amp Makita corded saw and it cuts very well indeed. It has what they call AVT, anti-vibration technology, and it works.

·
Finish Carpenter
4,999 Posts
Go to Lowes and get the BOSCH. 15 amps with Orbital. I have the 13 amp with out the orbital...thing is a tank. I beat the ever living snot out of it still works. Never had a problem with the toolless blade change, love that the collar locks open when you remove the blade so you can change blades with one hand. Don't need two, one to hold the collar the other to insert the blade. Love the rafter hook. I have used several models of the Milwaukee...they were okay...the last one which was their newest reeked of gear oil when you used it....

I love my RS20 with the direct connect power cord....

But the new RS35 has more power and orbital...

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I have an old dewalt that won't quit, also a newer hilti. The lack of orbital cut makes the dewalt less useful, also the set screw on the blade is slow.

Do you guys really use sawzalls that much? I use to use mine all the time but every day I use it less and less. Last demo I had to do the electric chainsaw did most of the legwork, faster, cheaner and less blade changes.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I agree you should buy what works best for you and you like. You can still buy the old Porter Cable stuff before they went crappy on Amazon. We got an old Tiger and she is still running strong also as well as a Milwaukee , Makita AVT and an old Makita that I really like minus the allen screw blade holder.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts