Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this topic coming to life on another thread and thought it merited its own. What books have you enjoyed reading and gained recognizable benefit from? For simplicity's sake, let's leave the Bible out of this discussion.

I've found all the Dale Carnegie standards to be easy, productive reads. One I particularly enjoyed is Lincoln the Unknown, by Dale Carnegie. It inspired me to read Cigars, Whiskey & Winning - Leadership Lessons from General Ulysses S. Grant. by Al Kaltman. Also liked The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John Maxwell.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
The Millionare Next Door, In Search of Excellence, A Passion for Excellence, The only Negotiating Guide that You'll Ever Need, Thinking on Your Feet, Swoosh, Mind of a Manager-Soul of a Leader, Conversations on Success, The True Joy of Positive Living, One Man's Vision.........

If that don't get'er done, there is aways Firearms of the 20th Century and The Complete Guide to Handloading.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mean Business by Al Dunlap

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Caragie

The E-Myth Contractor by Roger Gerber

How to Motivate People and Increase Profits With a Bigger Cane by Don "Magic" Jaun. (may or may not be a real book)

Don ( not too magical) Benham

·
Banned
14,078 Posts
Millionare Next Door - awesome book, everybody should read that to learn where the true wealth in America comes from.

Aggh! E-Myth Contractor! I felt like I got raped and taken advantage of for paying for that book! I must have missed something reading it, I hated it with a passion, second only to the original E-myth book.

I like Rich Dad Poor Dad, every 16-17 year old should read that book to get an idea of what paths lay open for you depending on how you view the world.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts