Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know so many people who are very good laborers and carpenters and are having the hardest time finding non union companies that pay decent wages and offer some type of benefits package. I'm forever hearing companies complain that they can't find good help but how can you expect to find and retain good help when you don't pay them what they are worth or don't give them and PTO? If you take care of your people and your in North Jersey and are looking for good people, reach out to me and I'll send them your way.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
MelissaV said:
I know so many people who are very good laborers and carpenters and are having the hardest time finding non union companies that pay decent wages and offer some type of benefits package. I'm forever hearing companies complain that they can't find good help but how can you expect to find and retain good help when you don't pay them what they are worth or don't give them and PTO? If you take care of your people and your in North Jersey and are looking for good people, reach out to me and I'll send them your way. Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
We are too short of people. The wages they are getting paid are higher then union but no benifits though. All the good guys are either working or self employed. Training two guys right now. H

·
Super Moderator
11,328 Posts
I know so many people who are very good laborers and carpenters and are having the hardest time finding non union companies that pay decent wages and offer some type of benefits package. I'm forever hearing companies complain that they can't find good help but how can you expect to find and retain good help when you don't pay them what they are worth or don't give them and PTO? If you take care of your people and your in North Jersey and are looking for good people, reach out to me and I'll send them your way.

So where do you get these "good people" from? :detective:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm absolutely not an employment agency. I've worked in the construction agency for many years. The good people I know are people I've met along the way. I'm a Project Coordinator for a ENR top contractor. My company only hires union as we deal with only civil work. But I've worked in non union companies and I have met people through vendors, sub's, competitors. I've never ever relied upon craigslist or newspaper adds. Always by word of mouth..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not "construction agency- I meant construction industry" don't know what happened there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts