Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will it run some deck design software looks like i need a higher end graphics card

do i need 8 ram or can i get away with 4

will 128 gigs be enough or do i need more i can i get away with 64gigs

i5ori7 processor

the more stuff i add the pricier its getting

what are you guys running and what are your experiences

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
bbgcarpentry said:
will it run some deck design software looks like i need a higher end graphics card do i need 8 ram or can i get away with 4 will 128 gigs be enough or do i need more i can i get away with 64gigs i5ori7 processor the more stuff i add the pricier its getting what are you guys running and what are your experiences
I run sketchup on my surface pro 1 and even the lowest spec surface pro 3 is more powerful but if it was me I would fully load it. All or nothing is the only way to go lol

·
Registered
12,359 Posts
Yep, load that puppy up. You can't upgrade after the fact. 128 gig seems like a lot, but it isn't. You want all the storage you can get.

Besides, pay now or pay later when you upgrade to a new tablet sooner if the specs aren't top end.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep, load that puppy up. You can't upgrade after the fact. 128 gig seems like a lot, but it isn't. You want all the storage you can get.

Besides, pay now or pay later when you upgrade to a new tablet sooner if the specs aren't top end.
Thanks will it run cad do I need I 7 prosseser

·
Registered
2 Posts
I run Cad and Revit just fine. Ofcourse due to screen and dual core vs my quad core desktop its just a slower pace. But not at all annoying. OneNote and the pen feature are just perfect. For my grad courses, constr. meetings, and everything. My only issue is with Mathcad not compatible with Windows 8 but thats not the SP3's fault.

·
Nunya
62 Posts

A 64gb sd card is pretty cheap nowadays.

I would still go with the top of the line if I could justify purchasing one. Although the lesser specs are probably more than sufficient.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts