Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I paid $3 for a harbor freight gun years ago that heats up the glue and shoots it out just fine.

I just use mine for random auxiliary tasks like templates and tacking a glue up etc. maybe I'm missing something. What tasks do you use the gun for that requires more.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I'l have to check the brand I have, its a fat one, takes half inch, I've been using it for about 10 years. I only ever used them for model building for pitching commercial audio systems...oh and gluing elbow maccoroni onto coloured construction paper.

·
Banned
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i use it for random things. gluing plastic to wood cabinets. the reason i ask if 3/4 sticks are readily available is because i want the high volume. if not i'll make do with their half inch model. i have never seen any so... i like the stand its got and that you can get different nozzles for it. it also has 220 watts of power and its not junky dolarama style tool.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
That looks like a really nice gun. You could check out 3M, I have one that is commercial grade. The difference is it can stay plugged in all day. You can't do that with the cheapos. But that one looks pretty nice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts