Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is K Thomas Middleton i am a time served shopfitting /carpenter /cabinetmaker with 30 years experience in new build house construction and commercial remodeling. Originally from England now living in Oklahoma USA ..

·
Joseph A. Capece
1,811 Posts
Welcome! What brought ya to the states? A good buddy of mine is from Liverpool. It cracks me up when people correct his English forcing him to tell them that his people invented the language and WE are the ones speaking improperly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
hi iam living in mustang oklahoma city only been here (hopefully perm) for last 6 months just getting accustomed to the differences between UK and USA carpentry way of working :)

ps iam from Manchester England the less we say about liverpool the better LOL :)
yeah i get that all the time too especially off Wife when she cant understand my accent !

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
A good friend of mine lives in Mustang and another friend is a coach at a Mustang school.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I couldn't remember so I texted him. He's at elk city. Not Mustang. They live in Chickasha though.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Do you work for someone or on your own? I know a couple of builders in Edmond that stay pretty busy and are always looking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
To be honest i am awaiting my work authorization (any day now) so am looking at all my options. But it sure would be helpful to have any leads i could follow up on as soon as...
In UK i worked as a subcontractor as opposed to being on payroll but iam ok either way.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
You'll figure out that we're all pretty nice here in Oklahoma. Especially in my part of the state.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts