Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Giveaway! Enter To Win Kenmore Built-In Dishwasher!

10K views 61 replies 38 participants last post by  Warren 
#1 ·
Furniture Cabinetry Room Kitchen Countertop

We have partnered with Sears Commercial to give away a stainless steel Kenmore Built-In Dishwasher w/ SmartWash® HE Cycle.

To enter, reply to this thread with your response to the following question.

What are your biggest challenges when handling appliances for your projects?

On April 1, 2016 we will do a random drawing to select the winner.

Kenmore® 24" Built-In Dishwasher w/ SmartWash® HE Cycle

Major appliance Freezer Dishwasher Kitchen appliance Home appliance

The Kenmore built-in dishwasher 1241 features the exclusive SmartWash HE Cycle that delivers excellent cleaning results while using the least amount of resources for each unique load. You’ll get the right wash for every load, every time. This dishwasher also includes a Time Remaining Display that provides you with valuable information, like the amount of time left in your cycle, while the exterior cycle status light signals when your dishes are clean, dry and ready to use. And, it operates at just 53 dBA, so you can carry on everyday activities, like listening to music, without interruption while your dishes are getting clean.

Text Font Logo Brand Trademark

See the new article sponsored by Sears Commercial here on our site!

"Most major appliance suppliers will welcome the opportunity to ensure your procurement goes smoothly. After all, as a contractor, you're more likely to be a return customer if you and your client experience a snag-free process. So the first step is to identify the suppliers that can provide you with the appliance you need. Next, get them on the phone - talk to them about your project. You're building a relationship that can have a direct impact on your bottom line, so it's well worth taking time to get answers to some "what if" questions. And the answers to those questions should help you decide if you're talking to the right company." How Pros Ensure a Smooth Appliance Installation

Added Note: Responses to this thread should be limited to entering the giveaway by responding to the posted question.

See less See more
#39 ·
It's usually the install or delivery for me. Nothing like finding out after the house is on the market that the garbage disposal isn't powered up or the waterline to the fridge isn't hooked up. Sure, I try and check everything, but having great subs makes sure if I am slacking they have my back.

Banging walls and door frames is also a big one.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

#43 ·
Couple challenges really. Getting them there without them being in the way. Then getting them where they need to go without damaging the appliance or the project.

Most appliances have common measurements for their supplies (water, electric, gas) but getting specific measurements for certain appliances before they are there so the subs can put their supplies in the right place can be challenging. Sometimes a website won't give the info you are wanting.

#44 ·
Getting the manufacturer specs to match reality... Most appliances center around the kitchen and while most brands have pretty accurate measurements, it's amazing you can still find some that are not accurate...

So you end up keeping a catalog of the ones that have measurement issues with notes to refer to so you don't have to wait for the appliance to show up or go to the store to do measurements before you can begin...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.