Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This thread for you to upload forms that you would like to share with other members. Please respect everyone's privacy if the forms have sensitive info such as names, phone numbers, addresses, etc.

I'll start off with a simple 'Spec Sheet' for painters. This allows you to have a client sign off on colors and products for specific areas. Also a simple 'Change Order' form.

·
Back from the dead...
6,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Another good one is a "comparison form". This works well if no matter how hard you try to sell, they are going to wait and get other bids. Give them a comparison form, as it will set you apart from the rest of the hacks, and also set a standard for every other chump that walks in behind you.

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
T&M work sheet

I use this to keep track of my time and materials per job.

1-19-08 Updated spreadsheet. I have done more tweeking. Added a payment section and made other minor changes. Don't forget to unprotect the sheet to make your own changes.
This works great for me. If anyone needs help using it drop me a PM or e-mail.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
You guys have helped me out with A ton of forms. 75% of the forms our company uses came from people on this site. We really appreciate it!

Having said that I would like to contribute a few of mine.

I'll post more once I get to my home computer.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Your damage waiver likely would never hold up in court. You cannot legally contract away your own liability. If you hit a customer's car with a ladder, it's your fault. A contract like this is against public policy. If contracts like this were allowed, you could pretty much blame everything that happens on the homeowner by contract. For example, who is responsible if you drop paint on someone's carpet? Can you have a contract that says it is not your fault? What if you cause personal injury to someone?

You might want to have your attorney look at this one.

Perception is everything though, and you will probably inspire a customer to make sure his cars are out of the way with this form. I would suspect though that you would be better off just asking politely. This form is basically a written way of saying "we are clumsy and will damage your property if you do not do something in spite of us." Again, its all about perception.

·
Painting Contractor
1,176 Posts
specwood said:
Your damage waiver likely would never hold up in court. You cannot legally contract away your own liability. If you hit a customer's car with a ladder, it's your fault. A contract like this is against public policy. If contracts like this were allowed, you could pretty much blame everything that happens on the homeowner by contract. For example, who is responsible if you drop paint on someone's carpet? Can you have a contract that says it is not your fault? What if you cause personal injury to someone?

You might want to have your attorney look at this one.

Perception is everything though, and you will probably inspire a customer to make sure his cars are out of the way with this form. I would suspect though that you would be better off just asking politely. This form is basically a written way of saying "we are clumsy and will damage your property if you do not do something in spite of us." Again, its all about perception.
This was discussed when I originally posted the form. This form is a last resort after I had already asked politeley. I don't expect it to have to hold up in court because any one presented with it should not sign it, they should move their car...
http://www.contractortalk.com/showthread.php?t=3893

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Here is an update to my Spreadsheet that finally figures the time for you and extra men on the job. You input materials bought for the day, # of men, start time, end time, and the SS does the rest. Numbers are based on my rates but can be changed. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
I use it to enter daily data for each job. Keeps me on track and informed.
Sorry I found an error in this. Will fix and resubmit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did not find link

Hey Paul
I did not see a attachment for your document, for keeping track of stuff
Is it there and I am not seeing it or did you forget to add the link.
Just making sure I am not going crazy thanks Carl

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Carl,
I removed the link because I found an error in the spreadsheet. I am still working it out and when it is fixed I will post the link back.
Sorry

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Notice of Intent to Lien Property

This is a notice of your intent to lien a person's property for failure to pay their bills. It is strongly worded and gets right to the point. Filing a notice before actually filing a lien is a requirement in some states. Check with yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
specwood said:
Actually I think if properly worded it would hold up in court. I place special clauses of purchaser's responsibility in my proporals quite often. Such as: "Purchaser acknowledges that (my company) is not responsible for the protection of their property during the demolition of the roofing system. Furthermore the Purchaser also acknowledges that it will be their sole responsibility for any protection they wish. Finally, (my company) will not be responsible for any damages or losses that occur to the Purchaser or other trades on the job site as a result from failure to protect the building and property during demolition."

I actually wrote that one into a recent contract of mine. The building was a total gutt job and the customer had requested I phase the project in a manner of which created alot of extra work for us. Rather than paying extra $$$ the customer decided that since it was a total gut he didn't care if water got inside. As a protection to myself I placed the above clause on his proposal.

LOL after the first day of rain we had, they changed their mind and were up on the roof every day with tarps after we left. I even let them borrow my tarps.

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
As the original....umm...requester:eek: (is that a word?), anyway, thanks Grumpy that'll help alot.

Also, Paul (Minconst), if you like I can take a look at your sheet. I hold my own in excel..not an expert by any means, but I do alright. If ya need another mind on it, send it over, I didn't get a chance to DL it before you removed it the first time.

·
Repair/Remodeling Tech.
1,645 Posts
UHHHH...checking it now...which acct just in case I don't find it...I don't mind it being on here.

EDIT...correction, yeah I got it...checking it out now....or maybe in the morning **looking at watch**...1AM...ouch

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
JP,
I didn't want topost it here because it isn't right. I'm sure someone would download it and might not notice the issue.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 187 Posts