Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Can more than one GFI be installed on a branch circuit... I remember someone telling me there would be a problem with the GFI's tripping each other if on the same circuit... However, I haven't been able to find anything to dispute to confirm that claim.

I want to replace old recepticles in a two wire installation (no equipment grounding conductor) with new square recepticles (that only seem to come with grounding screws)... To get around the equipment grounding requirement, I'll install GFI's upstream of these recepticles, but unless I take the time to identify each branch circuit, there is definately a likelihood I will end up with more than one GFI per circuit...

Thanks in advance for any help .... And LOL for any of the harsh (how stupid are you) comments I'm sure to get...

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Remember to apply the stickers that say "No Equipment Ground" as well to keep it all legal like.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a million rslectric... I learned something new... Never thought to use those stickers in a million years nor did I know they were a requirement...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts