Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Gfci

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  480sparky 
#1 ·
Hey guys we just completed a basement finishing job. It appears my electrician has one individual circuit for the room. It has 2 can light individually switched, exhaust fan, and light also switched seperatley. The problem is that almost everytime you have everything on and shut the exhaust fan off it trips the GFCI. Should I be worried or is this an easy fix my electrician has always been good in the past. The job is complete except for this and I am nervous. I dont want to tear everything a part but dont want a liabilty either. He keeps saying its not gonna be a big deal. BUt I am worried.

#8 · (Edited)
It's got to be some sort of bad splice because who in the world would line/ load an entire bathroom?
Mag you meant "basement" right? I usually line into the GFCI (individual device only-not a breaker), then load everything in the bathroom so it's all protected.

I was going to suggest he had a neutral scabbed on the load side creating an imbalance until I went back and re-read that the trip only occurred when turning OFF the switch.

What do you think? Kind of a wierd one eh?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.