Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
#1 stunner
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tired of buying these things at blowes, last night put the icing on the cake for me. I say out of 10 recent installs 4 of them where faulty and it always happens when I am 30 miles from a supplier, after hours, and only have one of the truck so it just pisses me off more! :furious:

Usually they wont reset on the trip test is my common problem but last night it sounds like a friggin alarm system was going off. It was buzzing like crazy and smelt of smoke, asset the problem, said a few cuss words and then through the piece of S**T in the lake (it was a lake house). :laughing: Had to drive 30 mins to get a new gfci, installed it, and problem fixed.

So I am now done with blowes GFCI plugs, where are you guys ordering yours? local supplier or off the intraweb? Sorry for the rant, I was cold and pissed! :laughing:

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,661 Posts
Sometimes it pays to have an electrician handle the easy work.
It can't be that easy. If it was easy, the plumber would do it. :whistling

·
#1 stunner
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sometimes it pays to have an electrician handle the easy work.

Who says im not? just because I choose to use my degree and GC license ahead of the others doesn't mean im not qualified to do the job. :whistling

Any who that topic is completely irrelevant to the question I asked about a supplier.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,661 Posts
It matters not who your supplier is.

What matters is what brand you get. I use P&S with exceedingly few problems.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts

I use the pass & seymour too, they seen to have the least problems. Heck I'm not sure if it was old stock or something, but the last few I bought were acctually made in the USA:thumbup: I get my electrical stuff at a local supplier, but I believe around here lowes carries them too.

Come to think of it I try to buy mostly P&S stuff I espessially like their trademaster covers, they are a little bit bigger than the levitons. They seem to cover the crap a little better:laughing:

Dave

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,661 Posts
I use the pass & seymour too, they seen to have the least problems. Heck I'm not sure if it was old stock or something, but the last few I bought were acctually made in the USA:thumbup: I get my electrical stuff at a local supplier, but I believe around here lowes carries them too.

Come to think of it I try to buy mostly P&S stuff I espessially like their trademaster covers, they are a little bit bigger than the levitons. They seem to cover the crap a little better:laughing:

Dave

I like the P&S covers because they're so flexible. Those Leviton sheets-of-glass covers are far too brittle for me.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Who says im not? just because I choose to use my degree and GC license ahead of the others doesn't mean im not qualified to do the job. :whistling

Any who that topic is completely irrelevant to the question I asked about a supplier.
That wasn't so hard to figure out, was it?...having that degree & all. Your problem is the brand not the supplier.

·
ampman
783 Posts
i've used leviton form big orange with only one going bad and that was a few weeks ago

·
Carpe Diem
20,742 Posts

480, are you talking solely about P&S outlets or do you use their switches too? My electrician didn't complain about their outlets but said the switches sucked arse. I personally don't like the look of the switches. I prefer Decora, especially for dimmers.

Definitely like the P&S covers! I was leveling a Home Craphole cover once, tapped on my level to straighten it out and........shatter.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,661 Posts
480, are you talking solely about P&S outlets or do you use their switches too?..........
Purty much all P&S devices. Switches, receps, range/dryer outlets, dimmers, fan speed controls.....

·
#1 stunner
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That wasn't so hard to figure out, was it?...having that degree & all. Your problem is the brand not the supplier.

Again your useless comments are irrelevant to the topic at hand, if you want to consider acting like a wee little boy then I can start on grandfathered in license, no license required at state level, or the color choice for that van of yours. Thanks for playing.

But anyways thanks guys, I will be checking out the brands posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts