Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably worth mentioning I'm not a contractor but am fixing a previous job for my own property. Feels like my new help and I have tried everything to get trim to stick to this FRP shower. Went with FRP panels rather than a shower surround because I thought it'd be cheaper (whoops).

I am building it out for my shuttle bus conversion RV. It's a curved shower similar to an Airstream style. I'm sure the curved nature has added to its lack of stick-ability.

I bought some of this crap but it barely covers the gap (was built out of square on one side lol)
InstaTrim Peel and Stick Caulk Strips | InstaTrim® (more like insta-grim)

Picked up some stuff at the local Ace/Yeagers and it seemed to work better but no cigar.

Any ideas? We're about at our wits ends with this. And you can tell my cynicism is exponentially increasing.

Home appliance Wood Gas Circle Electricity

Wood Flooring Metal Rectangle Hardwood

p.s. - included some pics for what it's worth

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
A lot of folks have had success with SherMax 350 form-a-trim. You can get it from Sherwin Williams. It comes in a small tube. It’s usually used to replace missing sections of trim, but in a pinch, you can trim a small restroom with it.

Cool thing about it is with patience and skill, you can form corner trims, medium sized baseboards, and small crown molding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Capra Aegagrus
Remodeler
26,126 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer that you post Homeowner and/or Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractors to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If you're not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.DIYChatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.