Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Once upon a time, there was a fella 'round here that made sure that most folks kept their grammar and spelling in check. He hasn't been around for a while and I think it's about high time the Grammar Gestapo made a comeback. If it ends up being a pain in the ass, I'll stop.
I didn't think I was that bad , some posts are unreadable .

·
Hack
3,011 Posts
I didn't think I was that bad , some posts are unreadable .
You're not....this Gestapo thing is new to me. Do I pick EVERY misspelled word? Or just be selective...you know, like profiling? And why the hell hasn't someone invent a sarcasm button?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Once upon a time, there was a fella 'round here that made sure that most folks kept their grammar and spelling in check. He hasn't been around for a while and I think it's about high time the Grammar Gestapo made a comeback. If it ends up being a pain in the ass, I'll stop.
Asever..... Not bad by me... this is hardley a highly technical intensive thread.....just goofen (excuse me goofing) with ya...;)

Best

·
Registered
9,083 Posts
Eagle.... Sorry... I know what MDF is..... what is lightweight MDF that would be in that over 50 isle.

MDF is heavy.... I don't care if they call it medium density.
Lightweight MDF is also known as ultralight mdf, about half the weight but not as strong. Mostly for decorative purposes, I use it for painted raised panels.

I was thrilled when lightweight drywall came out. Just waiting for 2 1/2 gal buckets of mud next.

When I look at a job now the first thing I do is look at the stairs

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Lightweight MDF is also known as ultralight mdf, about half the weight but not as strong. Mostly for decorative purposes, I use it for painted raised panels.

I was thrilled when lightweight drywall came out. Just waiting for 2 1/2 gal buckets of mud next.

When I look at a job now the first thing I do is look at the stairs
Thanks RRK....... I never new it existed.... must be kinda new.... I will appreciate it when I find it.......

me too.... on the bold comment.

Best

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
So after all the dust settled from our huge garage sale last weekend, we cleared an area for a exercise/weight bench that was buried.

Now I have to attempt to discipline myself to try and workout in the mornings instead of playing on this computer.

Heading up to Wisconsin for a week...........I'll start when I get back :whistling

( funny thread, you guys crack me up )

·
Radical Basement Dweller
27,519 Posts
Everything seems to be getting heavier.............Or is it just me?
Those weights haven't gotten any lighter over the years

Sell that stuff and go for a brisk walk (with your smartphone of course so you can still play on the computer)

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
So after all the dust settled from our huge garage sale last weekend, we cleared an area for a exercise/weight bench that was buried.

Now I have to attempt to discipline myself to try and workout in the mornings instead of playing on this computer.

Heading up to Wisconsin for a week...........I'll start when I get back :whistling

( funny thread, you guys crack me up )
BigShoe......OK....Yeah.... You've inspired us.....We'll all start right after you start...:whistling:no:

Have a good trip....

·
Registered
12,590 Posts
This has been a watershed week for my aging.

Saturday, me and the missus pulled up carpet in our new place. 4 layers, no pad. :blink: First layer went down in 1965, I know because we found a 1965 Joe Pepitone baseball card under it. :laughing: Anyway, that and throwing it in the trailer, then at the dump put me down for two days. Didn't really recover until this morning.

It wasn't even heavy. I used to carry 1 1/8 form panels all day long. Now just making a sandwich can cause a twinge of back pain. Sheesh.

Add in a torn rotator cuff and a couple tennis elbows, a knee that likes to go the wrong way and a thumb that the other day decided to bend all the way backwards just from pushing on a lumpy spot in the drywall and I don't even know if I should get out of bed any more.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
Don't know if anybody here likes to play a little pick-up basketball, but here's a little diddy: The hoop has gone up about a half foot, the ball now bounces like a Super Ball, and the distance between the baselines has increased by roughly 20'.

Oh yeah, 30 year old guys seem to move like teens now as well. :(

·
Radical Basement Dweller
27,519 Posts
This has been a watershed week for my aging.

Saturday, me and the missus pulled up carpet in our new place. 4 layers, no pad. :blink: First layer went down in 1965, I know because we found a 1965 Joe Pepitone baseball card under it. :laughing: Anyway, that and throwing it in the trailer, then at the dump put me down for two days. Didn't really recover until this morning.

It wasn't even heavy. I used to carry 1 1/8 form panels all day long. Now just making a sandwich can cause a twinge of back pain. Sheesh.

Add in a torn rotator cuff and a couple tennis elbows, a knee that likes to go the wrong way and a thumb that the other day decided to bend all the way backwards just from pushing on a lumpy spot in the drywall and I don't even know if I should get out of bed any more.
I hear ya! Ditto on the back, the knee and the elbow. My thumb is okay as of right now.

·
Finishing Carpenter
1,332 Posts
Ya, I want a refund. My brain says I'm 27 but my body says HAH! as if, you're 61 so deal with it.

Pushed hard yesterday to get ahead of a painter (I was hangin crown) 10 1/2 hr day, 1 hr drive home, wow seized up! into the hot tub I went boy I don't regret purchasing that.

I was thrilled when last summer we found a hardly used rowing machine at a garage sale. I used it for one week - I got busy.

Then a friend of ours had a nordic trac, 20 yrs old but it's in great shape. It's in the spare room, I intend to get to it....... soon.

I'm beginning to see why people give away these machines. It must be a great business selling exercise equipment.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts