Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,022 Posts
The truck is first and foremost for recreation. This new gig has me using it as a work truck though. I'll be getting a van soon and I can have my truck back.

·
Registered
Carpenter
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
its definitely warmer here in Miami , it hit 68 last night, coldest temp yet.
but you`ll hate the heat and humidity too.
in summer , i bring 3 shirts , and sometimes an extra pair of shorts , because i sweat , and drench all the way through , i look like i pee`d my pants by lunch.

i just don`t know how you do it up there in that cold .:blink:

is true you have to keep caulking , and chemicals in coolers to keep them from freezing?
someone told me some guys have vans fully insulated to keep everything from freezing.
true?
Yep its true. In the dead of winter it gets way below zero so we have to do things like that. I dont keep much with me in the vehicles in winter, I just buy what I need for the day. Then warm up caulking/glue etc on heater in truck right before use.

When the wind chill gets real bad it can be 20-50 degrees below 0. When it gets that cold I sometimes never shut my vehicle off. Just keep it running all day.

I dont do too much of the outside work in winter anymore, but use to. I do inside work only for the most part from Dec to march. Too cold for this old man!

·
Registered
Remodel
30,212 Posts
Litium batteries have to be warmed in cold weather as well, but NiCad don't - they'll work OK, so I'm still all NiCad. I'll take the extra charging year round for decent performance when I'm freezing my butt off.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts