Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Licensed Gas contractor
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a CPC(Certified Pool Contractor) in FL and I am wondering about possibly getting another license. Do they take into consideration your current license when you apply for another one? Also, do you have to re take the finance portion of the exam?

Anything else that I might need to be aware of?

TIA

·
Registered
200 Posts
Keep in mind a second license USUALLY requires an appearance in front of the licensing board. They want to make sure you can "supervise" two companies.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yes, there are some big things to be aware of for this type of transaction.

First question is will this second license be with the same business as the first? If not, you are qualifying an additional business entity and that is a whole different ball game.

If the license is with the same company you currently qualify, then it can move forward as a standard initial issuance. What they will then be looking at is if the current license conflicts with the experience you list, or if the experience from the first app conflicts with the experience on this app. Remember that while they do not request W-2s on an application, the intent is that your experience is as a W-2 employee or owner under the proper license holder. If you state that you worked under a CGC at the same time you hold your own CPC license with a company you own, they will obviously question if you took that time off from your own company to work a full time job for someone else. Remember they consider 1 year of experience as 2000 hours of work...

Anyway, I would be happy to discuss this further if you would like. PM me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts