Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Know this has been talked about before but things change all the time in the tablet world. I'm thinking of getting this "Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 kitkat".

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm turning 50 next week and my wife is buying it, so the sky's the limit!

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is it true that samsung devices lag when it comes to updates compared to Nexus, because Nexus is a google device?

·
Always Learning
8,654 Posts
I did a Samsung Galaxy tab 8. It's ok. It does what I wanted which is email, browsing, forums, weather, etc. I came from an ipad 1st gen. I like the smaller size myself but I notice the weight more than anything. I was going to wait for the next round of Nexus tabs to come out, but decided the next great thing is always coming out. For a stock experience with no crapware loaded on them, the Nexus tabs are best. They do also get the latest firmware updates first.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
pinwheel said:
Me too. I'll be 50 on Sat. Happy Birthday young man. :whistling:thumbup:
That's cool I will be 50 may 1st, I was born in Missouri by the way.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
overanalyze said:
I did a Samsung Galaxy tab 8. It's ok. It does what I wanted which is email, browsing, forums, weather, etc. I came from an ipad 1st gen. I like the smaller size myself but I notice the weight more than anything. I was going to wait for the next round of Nexus tabs to come out, but decided the next great thing is always coming out. For a stock experience with no crapware loaded on them, the Nexus tabs are best. They do also get the latest firmware updates first.
The Samsungs come with a lot of bloatware on them. I just watched a review side by side.

·
GC/carpenter
GC/Carpenter
43,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well happy Bday everyone! Seems our parents were all busy about the same time!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts