Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never enrolled our exterior remodeling company to participate in local home expos/shows. I always think about it...and wonder if the ROI is worth it.

I have been approached to participate in a local wine festival. 10 vendors will be there. I will be the only window improvement company. The price is $3,500 to have a booth. But it comes with lots of radio air time, company banner, booth supplies, concert give always to offer customers to draw them into my booth. I would love to show case a presence in the community. The wine festival is Sept 18 & 19. A great time to get window business!! I know that people do not go to wine festivals with the intention of meeting with Vendors.

I figure....at home shows....there is an ocean of contractors to compete with. There are GOING to be vendors at the wine fest regardless if I participate or not.....

What do you guys think????
Would it be worth it to do participate?????
I value your input!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'd say Wine Connoisseur's are a GREAT target market. With only 10 vendor spots though I'd be curious as to how many people they are expecting?

I've never gotten a booth at any home show/ show period but if you've got the 3.5k to throw down and its not going to hurt the company wallet why not? Providing the expected number of participants is acceptable.

If its only a couple hundred I'd say no. Just go there yourself and wear your company shirt/polo and bring some cards.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wine Fest number count

Thank you for your response!
I was quoted a count of 12,000 people.
I don't necessarily think I have $3,500 to throw away....I would hope for a positive experience (some leads and exposure as a part of the community!)...and I know well you get out what you put in.....but I also know that there are times when you try your best and the event in it's nature could be a flop!!!
I am so on the fense for this event and may allow myself the weekend to think it over.
Like you said......worst case senario.....go and take a few friends and have them all where company shirts!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
12,000 people. Nice gig. By chance do you have a list of the other vendors/ prospective vendors?

Also, foolish me I didnt notice you were in Naperville. Theres money there in the Western/Northern Suburbs of Chicago. I just relocated from Park Ridge last year. Tons of Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants. I'd be leaning towards the do it If I had the money.

On the other hand, if you and a few well dressed friends (slacks, company polo) show up that could be way more exposure than your booth will ever get. People will start to notice a band of 3-5 people with the same company shirt on. Conversations will start.

Think it over this weekend. See how many friends you can get together willing to go with you and represent the company. Then make a decision.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Wine-O-Says Yes!

You will have a more up scale crowd that's for sure. You need to do this!!

Are you good at good clean BRIBERY? This is how you grab this kind of client. You only have one shot at the person that passes your booth. Only bring 2 windows? One to grab them and suck them into your booth because of the price and plus have the mac daddy that is YOUR money maker!

Now for the BRIBERY part? How much would you spend for a lead? Would you pay $10? $20? would you give a $10 bottle of wine for a set appointment? They get the bottle of wine delivered at there home when you go for the appointment.

Cut a deal with your local wine store for a few cases. Plus give a bottle in hour away at the event. You get names and address this way.

If your going to spend $3500 plus your time and effort make it pay off.

Just some ideas adjust to want fits your budget.

Good luck!:clap:

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would think a wine-fest would be a great place. People who are struggling with money.... don't generally go to such events ;) If they're there, statistically speaking, the chances are pretty good that they have some spending power. People like that are always looking for good investments, so it's not too hard to sell them on how much new windows can increase the value of their home, not to mention the sound reduction and heating and cooling savings :thumbup: With such a large crowd, you're bound to get more leads than necessary to cover that $3500

Reactions: OPAL

·
Registered
4 Posts
$3,500/12,000 people is $.29 “Per Potential Customer View of Your Booth.” Even if only 10% of the people see your booth, that’s still only $2.92 PPCVoYB. That’s really good, considering you would probably pay this in a per click basis in an online advertising campaign or whatever.
But the really good deal comes from the radio air time and other freebies. As a matter of fact, the freebies sound a little too good to be true. But if everything you say is true, I would definitely do it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi Opal! Sounds like a great idea. The one thing I would look into first is whether or not the demographics of the 12,000 people match your company's target market demographics. The show organizers should easily be able to give you this information - homeowners, married/single, age, where they live, etc. It would stink if most of the 12,000 people lived in an area that your company doesn't service. And you found that out after you shelled out $3500. So see if the type of people who frequent this show are the same type that you normally do business with. If they are, this is a great "think outside of the box" marketing idea!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts