Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
So I guess those of us who laughed at their estimate that it should only cost each customer an additional $35 to comply for each job weren't so crazy after all??!!

More govt incompetence gets revealed....but are the sheeple up in arms??

<crickets chirping>

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
What did they expect. They sent the majority if the customers who had lead in their homes to use illegals or people who don't care what's in your walls. The good contractor who would have kept the dust down to an absolute minimum even with RRP was forced out of the market. But now they think increasing the costs will help this? All it means is less quality contractors will be doing the work.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
The thing of it is.... the EPA has done literally nothing, to educate the public about what RRP is and why we are being forced to comply with it. Hell, I even talk to contractors who STILL haven't got a clue WTH it's all about. Although, that's probably more due to them having their heads buried in the sand. Then, there are those that know all about it and CHOOSE to ignore it.

·
Boondockian
1,478 Posts
I'm starting to wonder if RRP is some sort of "cash for clunkers" for homes. I mean if you make it so no contractor is willing or able to legally repair old homes, it would force people into buying new homes when repairs are needed, thereby increasing new housing demand.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Thanks for posting "The Broken Window Fallacy."

I've never heard that term before, but it articulates what most small-business owners understand on a visceral level: Government growth and "job creation" is a boondoggle and does not create substantive or tangible benefit to the economy.

As to the EPA RRP, don't get me started...

:no:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.