Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a blaster for most of my life, I have made it. I would like to know why you boys have questions but never get it done. The way to make it is to do it, you dont have to be perfect just GET IT DONE.

·
Banned
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
panderson

You can blast or paint or blast and paint just do it. I dont want to hear **** about renting out your stuff do it and get it done. GET IT DONE OR GO BY THE WAY SIDE............PA

·
Banned
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
panderson

I run jobs on the industry side of painting. I get **** done. I also run the painting operations at ASI. The paint boothe kicks out two trucks a week.

·
Master Blaster!
188 Posts
Shops busy but I need to get this damn ice blaster makin some money, sales are tough on something people know little to nothing about. The ice blaster hasn't made a dime in 3 months, we have NO problems gettinerdone just finding enough to get done is a challange.

·
Banned
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
panderson

I was in a truck today unloading 20$ per ton sand into my bulk holding bins. I got a call from my oldest customer. I was supposed to overcoat three millions for him. The dude handed me my ass. He chewed me up and down. I told him the fall has been tough on painting. He told me to GET IT DONE. I hope we have some good days. I need to brush blast his tanks and get on two coats of dry fall. that is not going to happen. So I pulled out the salemanship and sold 250,000 grand worth of 10-34-00 to the guy I put over him. No more worries. Eric is happy Im happy the world turns

·
Banned
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
panderson

blastpro while I was sitting in that truck I also got a call from my diamond vogel rep. I lost a job this year to some new guys. The company was liquid gro the job I lost was 30,000 grand. I looked up mandan I also looked up the jobs we have lost in the dakotas. I lost a tank in 06' in Aberdean and a tank farm in yankton in 03' The area has alot of wheat farms. Westcon is a big coop out your way. I dont intend to lose any more jobs out there but capatalism is a *****. I would like to team up but most contractors cant keep up with us.

·
Banned
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
panderson

before I hit the bed tonight I want to let you blast guys know Im going to show off a bit. I am going to post pics of my new cars and trucks. I bought a new Camero and f-350 yesterday. I paid cash, this is what sandblasting can do for you "IF YOU GET IT DONE". PA OUT get it done

·
Mobile Sandblasting
672 Posts
So where are these pics SHOW OFF!!!! LOL... I'm sure you earned everything you have. Blasting aint no joke! I did a graffiti removal from a Day Care Saturday. 20 min of blasting, $25.00 in materials leaving a $175.00 profit. Not bad for a total of 1hr worth of driving there-blasting-driving home. That included set up also. I know the money is there.. I just need to find it..........................

·
Master Blaster!
188 Posts
Ill give you a big hell yea on the Camaro as long as its the v8 model, im a gigantic Fbody fan and have owned at least 15 very nice Ta's and Camaros in the past 12 years. Im running a low 11 second 97 TA right now on nitrous. Paul I would love to hook up with you in the Dakotas, im not questioning your work ethic one single bit, I don't think anyone is. We are known in our area for our hard work, we do not exaggerate and don't talk ****. We ran -30 below blasting steel outside all last winter, blast outside in the tent and bring inside for coating, We were working with some giant 50 ft by 10 ft span ethonal decks, ranged from 5klbs to 13klbs, blasting 4 at a time in a row, 24hrs for 3 weeks straight to keep up at one time. I worked many 24hr straight shifts, I guess you could definitly say we got it done, we had to, it was either that or they would send it to Central sandblast who could get it done just as fast but with unlimited resources. Another job that sticks out in my mind was washing boats in the fall. We acid washed inside and outside 250 pontoons a year. All 250 toons had to be done in 45 days, we worked part time on pressurewashing ( at that time ) and kept our fulltime jobs. My partner and I would work until 6pm at our day job then go home for an hr to eat. Head to the boats at about 7pm and wash until 5 am. head home for a shower and an hr or so of sleep then back to work at the day job. No bull****, we slept about an hr or so a night for almost a month and a half. Trying to find help spraying water and acid in the middle of the night in the fall of North Dakota (sometimes in snow) was impossible. We pulled through and made ourselves better owners for it. The store that we managed at the time seen 18 percent volume growth during this time, we worked like we were on crack and never let up for a second. We have kept that same work ethic and will continue to do so for as long as our bodies and minds let us. We don't wash poontoons in the middle of the night anymore though. The money was great at the time for a secondary income and we wanted to make a name for ourselves, it seems we did.

·
Master Blaster!
188 Posts
Paul we really need to talk, im working on some very large long term projects in the oil fields, competing with the big dogs, I hold preference over ALL of these companies in the hotbed of this work!!! I am getting the ball rolling now and should have everything in place in weeks, unlimited work from what ive seen, the big dogs have all moved and set up base here for this work, I will have the privledge of seeing their bids and over bidding by even 5% and still getting the work. Money is growing on trees in the fields!!

·
Banned
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
panderson

prowall guy, I have run into guys like you my whole life. I tend to be a get it done guy but I do it with respect to the people that work for me and their familes. I dont make a money until my top three guys hit 60,000 a year. My Brother my dad and my brother in law. This can be also called bull**** becuase my Dad and I hold the company in a fiffty fiffty inc. I get paid what I make the company. My brother gets to leave as soon as the weather is to cold he runs truck for grain farmers. My brother in law gets to do whatever he wants untill march. My dad holds down the shop with phone calls to the shop and I get all the cars and in shop stuff done. I call back my help as needed. You may think Im a pot smoking fool that is a drunk but I can also back up everthhing I do. Here is my new truck for the season paid in cash IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2946.jpg I have also purchased other equipment and cars I will post the camero. The peterbuilt also paid for is already on line. Can you do that. I can and I have.

·
Banned
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
panderson

Blastpro If central has the job already then we are screwed. That is one of the bigger players up here. You and I could look into it and I could call up some help from Sioux City but it sounds like its to late. If its not I can or he can umbrella the project. If that is not what you want we can sub to you.

·
Banned
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
panderson

blastpro I read your post about central wrong. If they dont have the steel bid you and I can do it. I sent you a private message. I have had all my trucks cleaned while I have been on line. I have the 22 ton tri axle international waiting. The rest of my trucks were over loaded with abrasive we were set on the winter. I have forty tons on hand. This is fine abrasive for auto steel. What type do you need. I can blow it back into the silo IMG_2122.jpg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts