Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be doing a job through framing stage that won't have temp power until about the 2nd week of November. I've never had to do this as we've always been able to get temp power prior to starting framing. Any thoughts as to what size and type of generator I need? We are running on average a 4 person crew with a dual tank generator, two nailers, and two saws. Any suggestions on this? It will also be starting to get pretty cold, esp in the mornings, if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I'm going to be doing a job through framing stage that won't have temp power until about the 2nd week of November. I've never had to do this as we've always been able to get temp power prior to starting framing. Any thoughts as to what size and type of generator I need? We are running on average a 4 person crew with a dual tank generator, two nailers, and two saws. Any suggestions on this? It will also be starting to get pretty cold, esp in the mornings, if that makes any difference.

Really need to know what amp draw each tool has.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
what about a wheel barrow compressor and a smaller gen for the saws? If not... you need something anything upwards from 6500 watts. My 5k will not start a porter cable job boss compressor, running to nailers and a chop saw. I usually just run the pancake with 2 outlets... and the chop saw.

If i strictly framed, a wheel barrow would of been my choice.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saw shows 15 A, 2100 W on the specs for the saw. We usually have two of these plugged in. I can't find the specs on the compressor we use the most but it is the RolAir wheeled electric with the two tanks and can be run 115/230. Most of the time we unplug one of the saws to connect a recip saw or something like that so the main load that really eats power and trips the temp power when it ever does is the compressor. We may end up with a little more than these loads on this project (maybe 2 more people running a single smaller compressor but sharing a saw).

·
The Grand Wazoo
3,973 Posts
Rent a small Kohler pull behind for a couple weeks, They will deliver it to the job and pick it when you are done.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts