Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Omitting task lighting, what is your favorite way of lighting a space, Highats, Cieling fixtures, sconces, table lamps, ETC?....General lighting is always easily achieved with Highats, find a nice layout, and blanket the cieling. Cieling fixtures give a great design opportunity, 1000's of options, but the design gets more complicated because of the impact a cieling fixture can have on a space. Same goes for sconces, which i happen to really like to use, sconces have always been something i try to incude in my designs. Table lamps i dont really like, they are ok as task lighting only, most of the time they are in the way and unattractive. Whats your preferance, your designing your own home, what would you do for the general lighting? GMOD.

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
What I want has absolutely no bearing on what I design into a structure. What the owner wants, however, has a lot to do with it. I just follow his or her lead from there.

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
Very partial to the recessed mount ceiling fixtures. From the available sizes to trim styles, not to mention the bulbs that are available.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts