Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the best General Liability insurance for a decent price?So far the best ive gotten for a 1m General Liability policy is 1375.00 a year.Anyone know of someone or a place to get a better policy i also need snow plowing coverage also.Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
688 Posts
I can't speak for New York insurance rates, but without knowing what your business operations are and your annual revenues, it isn't possible to compare or comment on the CGL premium you are being quoted.

Re snowplowing, I can tell you that it is expensive. I assume you will be doing private driveways and parking lots; and not public roads. Here in Ontario, Canada, the average rate for plowing is $50 premium for every $1000 revenue earned from plowing. A key question will be how your customer contract is set up. Do you go out when the customer calls you or when you decide to go (i.e. about 2" of snow fell so you figure now is a good time to go out and plow). If you are making the decision when to plow, and not the customer, then the insurance will be more expensive. There are lots of slip & fall claims where the plowing company gets blamed, so liability insurance is high unless you have a good contract that limits your liability and you can show that you keep detailed work logs, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts