Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Ben, I'm 26 and I've been working in some form of remodeling and renovation since I was 15. My earliest memories of working in the field was snap-cutting tile for my father when I was 7 remodeling our bathroom. My father has over 35 years experience in various trades, starting out as a carpenter before being drafted and ending up as a Navy electrician, running a roofing company, being a remodeler, working as a super for 3 major commercial construction companies and supervising work for a drywall company.

While we are very good at generating a quality product, we have been terrible businessmen in the past. To make a long story short, in 2003 we were a pretty steady small time contractor, but we began working for EXPO design center and grew to roughly 10 employees for several years. When EXPO left town, our business collapsed because we became comfortable and didn't advertise since we were supplied with 4-5 bathroom and kitchen remodels a month through Expo. After working for various companies in the interim, we have recently started our business back up and are in the process of moving forward with implementing our new business model.

We've been starting with various handyman jobs, however we can see that the market is regrouping and we're hoping to see some larger work on the horizon. In the meantime we're keeping up with these forums in order to prevent ourselves from making as many mistakes as we did in the past. We have a new dedication to educating ourselves, and we've learned much just in the past few days of browsing this site. I look forward to learning from all of you ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.