Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seeking for help in general b trade exam (CA) and was wondering what materials or school or classes that helped you passed your exam. Last time on my exam it asked a lot of about decking and insulation. And also, would like to know what sort of Qs was asked in your exam and if you can help me on it. I know each exam is a bit different but I know for sure all the Qs are reused. If any of you have any Infos pls help thanks everyone!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Have you thought about buying a textbook on methods and materials? Go to amazon and look for them. Buy one one edition older than the current for a lot less than the price a new current edition.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did attended a crash course at csls which cost $199 for 1 day trade only. (Waste of time & $$ regretted) and I also, bought their online exam that wasn't so helpful either. I recently bought the peerless general b book for reading and the materials from television publisher that all the school supply. I've been reading n reviewing only the materials given by the school. As of right now am flipping pages in the peerless book.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Also, I purchased the flashcard on amazon and building contractor's prep guide book by craftsman (national) :(.
@Needles do you have a specific book you can recommend? I know my weakness are the framing and structural components and finish trades. I also need a bit of improvement on the core trades as well but not much.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Building Construction Illustrated 4TH by Francis Ching. There is a 5th edition that came out this year. The 4th edition is still used for SDSU's extended studies Materials and Processes online class.

He also wrote another book "Building Codes Illustrated" But focuses on IBC rather than IRC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts