Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Gehl Skid steer

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  jomama 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I don't have any experience with those, so I don't have an opinion either way but...That machine looks like it has had a "Dupont Rebuild." A fresh paint job that can cover signs of abuse and damage.

A quick search shows that it's probably priced about right, with the tracks, forks and 2 buckets.

I would look it over real well for signs of welding, and leaks.

#5 ·
I have run a Gehl in the past. I really liked it. I would imagine this one is priced about right for 58hp machine. If you have any experience with running skid steer you will want a bigger machine.
Currently I have a New Holland 565lx Turbo. 58 hp. It is smaller than the ones I have had in the past. I plan on buying another one that is larger. It just doesn't have the hp I would like. I get by with it, just not as easy to run as one that is slightly larger. I couldn't pass up the deal. I don't regret it, just want a bigger one.

#7 ·
My dad has that same machine, pretty sure it's not 58 horsepower, more like 40-45.

I realize that they probably have 2" wheel spacers on to give the tracks clearance, but it looks like the regular bucket is still way too small, even with the track spacers off?

BTW, I think that's priced pretty high for that era Gehl.........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.