Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My name is Ryan. I am partners with my father and together we run a small General Contracting company (McMaken Construction) in Phoenix,AZ. I started swinging a hammer with him when I was 5 years old and visited many job sites all my life. I would say my experience started about 10 years ago when I started supervising small crews for him. My father had a partner in a different company but lost it in 2008. Shortly after I helped him to renew his license that was on hold and we became partners.

There are still a ton of holes in my knowledge that I need to fill but luckily for my I have great trustworthy sub contractors many of which have sons my age that we have been working with as long as I can remember. Part of the reason I'm here is to gain more knowledge on how to bring this company back to its former luster. My father is a very old school word of mouth type of guy. That hasn't seemed to work out as well as it used to for him and hopefully I can help out with that. I could go on for a while about things but I suppose if I spend enough time here maybe it will come out little by little!

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Welcome to CT Ryan! Good to see another Arizonian here.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Hows the weather over in Globe? I've only been through there on the way to the Sunrise Ski resort! I feel blessed to be doing a kitchen remodel inside this week I think it hit 116 here on Thursday or Friday!

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
Thanks! Hows the weather over in Globe? I've only been through there on the way to the Sunrise Ski resort! I feel blessed to be doing a kitchen remodel inside this week I think it hit 116 here on Thursday or Friday!
It's still too hot for me. I don't know how you guys do it. :laughing: We topped about 107 the other day.

You'll need to post that kitchen remodel when you get a chance. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A pipe burst in the wall (that polybutylene crap). Anyway she decided to do a full remodel and remove all the soffits. I'm hopefully going to get the rest of the drywall up tomorrow. I saw a section to post completed projects but not one for in progress ones. I did however not look very hard.

·
GC/carpenter
43,902 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Ryan. We appreciate new guys here. Nice to hear new stories and ways of doing things.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts