Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came back from my one week vacation in RI on Saturday and gas was $1.60, on Sunday it didn't move, Monday it went up 20¢ and today almost another 20¢. I saw it for $2.98. Wow:eek: !! 40¢ in 2 days, and on the news they are saying it's going to go up another 30¢ in the next couple of days. Oil companies suck:evil: . They need to build more refineries and won't do it so they can drive up the prices whenever they want. Sorry, just venting.
I'm in CT what's the going rate for your state right now?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Yesterday I passed the station and saw it was up to 2.99. :eek:
I figured well I'll wait till after Labor day....it should go down.
3.48 this morning :evil:

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
45,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sheetrock26 said:
Yesterday I passed the station and saw it was up to 2.99. :eek:
I figured well I'll wait till after Labor day....it should go down.
3.48 this morning :evil:

What state?

·
Electrical Contractor
744 Posts
$3.25 on way to work today. Just heard it was now $3.59 at same place I saw this morning, and talk of shortages in the Atlanta area this weekend!

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Kevin said:
Holy ******************** Terry. What do you drive?
2005 Dodge Dakota. The mileage is better than my previous van as long as the tonneau cover is closed.

Unfurtunately, I'm going to have to up my prices for the fall to accomodate the fuel increases :( - I hate to do it but most people understand.

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
I don't have a trailer as of yet. I can fit the majority of the tools I need in my truck. I don't really have room to store a trailer. The lumber yard I deal with provides next day delivery at no charge for my wood. I have to pick the odd piece here and there but for the most part my truck does everything I need as is.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
$2.40 so far is the average.
I guess I would be lucky because we get sort of a refund every October.

Oil companies are basically printing money right now.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
I drove through town tonight and half of the gas stations are out of regular and the other half have huge lines on them. I suspect that we will be out of Gas around here by tomorrow night.

Not sure why? All I can think is that everyone is in a panic and topping off their tanks.
I've heard from two stations that its going to be 4 days and up to 2 weeks before they will get more gas. :eek:

I'm just west of Orlando.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Something I read earlier today...

Energy Markets Jittery, Gas Being Rationed
Aug 31 11:39 AM US/Eastern

By BRAD FOSS
AP Business Writer

news://newsclip.ap.org/[email protected]

Crude oil prices fell in jittery trading Wednesday even after the U.S. government said it would loan oil to refiners struggling in the wake of Hurricane Katrina to keep production of gasoline and other fuels steady. But wholesale and retail gasoline prices leaped higher nationwide.

Some of the knottiest issues still to be resolved will be restoring electricity to Gulf Coast pipelines and refineries, which are also suffering from flooding that could very well have left critical electric motors submerged. It will be days before a full assessment of the damage can be done, industry officials and analysts said.

Meantime, wholesale gasoline suppliers have begun limiting the amount of fuel they sell to retailers in certain markets in order to make sure they do not take delivery of more fuel than they actually nee
d.

Light sweet crude for October delivery on the New York Mercantile Exchange fell 56 cents to $69.25 a barrel, down from an overnight high of $70.65. On Tuesday, oil futures settled at $69.81, the highest closing price on Nymex since trading began in 1983, although still below the inflation-adjusted high of about $90 a barrel that was set in 1980.

But October gasoline futures surged by almost 20 cents to $2.67 a gallon on the Nymex. That is almost 75 cents, or 38 percent higher, than they were on Friday.

"There's too much uncertainty," said analyst John Kilduff at Fimat USA in New York.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
AAPaint said:
Halliburton is handling the "alleviation" of the Iraqi's oil...billions of gallons of it without even being metered. Wonder why oil prices continue to rise in spite of American control over Iraqi oil?
So much for the "We-went-to-war-for-oil" theory, huh?? :rolleyes:

·
Pro Painter
2,314 Posts
Crude oil prices fell in jittery trading Wednesday even after the U.S. government said it would loan oil to refiners struggling in the wake of Hurricane Katrina to keep production of gasoline and other fuels steady.
Seems they have plenty if you ask me..... :eek:

Funny how during other storms like Andrew they called the fuel hikes price gouging, but no mention of that now with $1 increases outta nowhere. Even when the governement is going to "loain oil to refiners..." :rolleyes: Oh wait, there's a difference this time! The whole nation is raising prices, not just a few local stations trying to make a buck. :Thumbs:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts