Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think the Rates will go up because of these Gas Prices soring? I would think they would have to. If not what are we all going to do? We are going to lose alot of Money! Give me your opinions,
Thanks,
One Floor Man to another!!

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
I think that bad installers will have to raise their rates, it's going to cost them more to burn down their mistakes.:cheesygri

Bob

·
Registered
63 Posts
Overall I'd say no. With everyone paying more for such a crucial item it leaves less for less pressing needs, like flooring. I think there will be more installers chasing less customers. That pushes rates down. As always, this doesn't apply to the good guys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
This is going to hurt everyone I'm thinking, well except Bush and his oil buddies.

I can't imagine what is going on in those politicians heads.

I imagine it has to limit the travel range for independent contractors which also can hurt the number of clientale one can provide service to.

And the shops are going to have to raise their subcontractor pricing to keep them around...maybe.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yes prices ought to go up. When we mess around with fuel, everything goes up...groceries, clothing, flooring, building materials etc. So, if I'm paying $3 at the pump, I also have to charge the customer...some how...to get me to his house. Even a 3% increase per invoice will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts