Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

garage door?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Pearce Services 
#1 ·
I am going to be remodeling my personal garage soon, and have a ? I have access to a new insulated metal garage door, FREE, But without any of the track or hardware. Is it worth it, to get, then buy the track and springs etc. Or just get everything at one time? I have no answer why the door is there without the hardware. And what might the hardware cost? Any BALL-PARK price will help out for the hardware! thanks, dave

#2 ·
There is a guy on ebay with a store that sells garage door track kits.New unopened for I think around $35.I only know this because I was just there getting some parts for a new in box opener a guy gave me that was missing some parts.Don't know about shipping.The box would not be to heavy but long.

#5 ·
Heck if the old tracks are in good shape I would just reuse them. I would probly reuse the hinges and springs too if they were in good shape. Being it would be for my own place, I figure I could replace any of the parts as they wear out.

Plus I would rather spend the money on tools than upgrading my house:laughing:

Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.