Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. Havent posted in a while but I have a question. Had a new garage door installed the other day and noticed after the installer was finished that he installed the outdoor lock cylinder upside down. In other words when I insert the key to unlock it the key teeth point down. I was told by someone else at the garage door company that in order for the lock mechanism to work, the space between the key hole and the t handle must be 4 inches. In other words in order for the lock cylinder to be right side up the hole in the door would have to have been drilled a little higher. Im a stickler for perfection when I pay to have something done. Im used to inserting the key with the teeth facing up but Im sure I'll get used to doing it the other way. Is this something that would bother anyone else or am I just nitpicking? Thanks for hearing me rant.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I don't know about the 4" and the placement of the cylinder, but as far as upside down goes, he installed it right side up and you have been doing it upside down for years.:eek:

·
Super Moderator
24,787 Posts
Key in a garage door?...:whistling

I have this push button gizmo that raises & lowers it.
Doesn't matter what position it's in....:laughing:

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Maybe the whole door is upside down...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts