Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(barn style) anyone ever did an overlay gambrel roof onto a gambrel roof??? is it pretty much the same way as a regular gable overlay??? thanks for any info

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i looked at these plans and theyre not very specific, they show the pitch of one gambrel roof ,but dont show the pitch of the other one which will probably be different because the span is different, both ridges are at same height, and wall heights are the same also, looking at the roof plan it just looks like a regular gable overbuild running into the other roof but i just cant picture how these valleys are gonna look.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Make a cardboard mockup if you have to.
It can show you how the valleys will look.

I guess that all depends.....................:rolleyes:

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
If the lower pitch is the same as the adjacent lower pitch, and the upper pitch is the same as the adjacent upper pitch, then both valleys will be 45° in plan view.

If the span is different and you have ridges meeting each other, then you have a cluster ****.

·
Custom Builder
1,412 Posts
Not tricky look at each section of roof pitch on its own ie bottom pitch valley 1 to botom pitch valley 2 do the same for top pitches and buid your valleys. Are the valleys overlayed. Im not sure how your seeing this difficult. Is the bottom radiused that makes it a little tricky if not just a typical irreg valley

1 - 7 of 7 Posts