Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Flatrooferstl
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
;) At this time we dont accept credit cards, you think business would be busier by accepting credit cards. i am going to get it set up this week due to all the people who offer credit card payments for services recieved. And will be adding logos mastercard/visa, etc. this may suprise me some people told me on the jump in business received

·
Registered
190 Posts
Who are you going to use. I have been wanting to add CCs cause I don't like to write checks much myself and if I can just swipe a credit/debit card I would be more inclined to buy... I have also had the request from customers that it would be much easier for them. Bank of America offers it but the fees scared me a bit so I need to recalculate...

·
Registered
39 Posts
If your a BBB member they have a good company cant think of the name right off we do it online keyed in. Don't get locked into a contract Bank of America yuck.

You should be able to find one with a free mobile machine. Swiping a card is a cheaper rate than keying it in over the internet.

1 1/2 to 2 percent max is all you should pay and watch for all the extra charges some companies will nickle and dime you to death.

And yes you should accept them there is alot of broke people right now

·
MyOnlineToolbox cofounder
1,074 Posts
Keep in mind that you first have to qualify

Things are getting stricter as it relates to being able to accept credit cards. Accepting credit cards is similar to having a Line of Credit given to your company and you will go through a financial background check as well as possibly need to provide a financial guarantee. Good credit, no banking problems, etc., and you have no issues. Bad business credit rating and/or bad personal credit ratings can prohibit you from getting access to credit card acceptance for your business. Brian

·
President
292 Posts
I've been taking credit cards for many years. It's about 1/3 of my business. It also helps to collect bad debts. Some people like to pay over the phone with a credit card. Watch out for fee's.

·
Registered
14 Posts
not taking credit cards? big mistake

Nowadays, people are writing checks less and less...if you're running a business and you're not taking credit cards payment, you're losing a lot of money.
Some people only use their credit cards to pay invoices...heck even I never have cash on me, only credit cards or bank cards.
And if you have a website, don't even think about launching your site without allowing your customer to order online by credit card....it's suicide. I don't know the statistics but just think about it, if you go to NIKE's website and they tell you to mail a check for your order wouldn't you just lose it?

So accommodate your clients, accept as many cards as you can and give them the option to order (right away!)..DON'T MAKE THEM WAIT TO PAY....that's insane.

And many are saying that it's not easy, boloni...it's simple you can get a google account and get started on accepting credit cards in a few minutes, yes they take like 2% but who cares when you're making dollars you wouldn't get otherwise.

There are many other services and all you need is your company legal information to get started (and your business checking account).

Thanks

·
Dufus Extrodinaire
159 Posts
I have considered CC's for a while now. Just out of curiosity - has anyone here ever have a person do/try a chargeback using them?

Right now I use a national bank for loan apps for clients but I am definately interested in hearing more regarding accepting CC's

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey all I have a thrread posted around here for credit card related questionsi f you all want help. But it is a must to take credit cards, biggest warning watch for long contracts. Let meknow what questions any one has.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have considered CC's for a while now. Just out of curiosity - has anyone here ever have a person do/try a chargeback using them?

Right now I use a national bank for loan apps for clients but I am definately interested in hearing more regarding accepting CC's
That's really the main reason why I have my CC system through my bank, instead of a third party. I think they would be more likely to back me up in a dispute / charge-back situation.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts