Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any pic's of Fypon surround used on a garage that they would share? We're dealing with a brick opening and toying with a crosshead either with column pilaster or without. Have not seen anything to help our descision. TIA

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Fypon would not be a good idea in my opinion because it is very unforgiving to impact, such as mowers, kids and their bikes and so on. We have done many garage openings with Azek that are more durable and can be built up with accessory trim to look quite nice.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Point well noted however kids are grown up and we're looking at 1/2 round column pilasters that project 5". Not easily replicated. Thanks for the pic's that last one is a fine example of what were after. And it does look good.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Point well noted however kids are grown up and we're looking at 1/2 round column pilasters that project 5". Not easily replicated. Thanks for the pic's that last one is a fine example of what were after. And it does look good.
You can get the half rounds in fiberglass and use the expanded foam caps and bases, or make your own.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea Tom we have been on the site could'nt many examples of our situation. Its okay she wants to go for it. Just got the call to order the stuff.

Hey Lone you have the wheels turning now. I wonder if the PVC is even close to cost comparision, I have to assume the increased labor would offset any material difference. I think I will call it in tomorrow for kicks afterall the fypon is 3-5 weeks.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Yea Tom we have been on the site could'nt many examples of our situation. Its okay she wants to go for it. Just got the call to order the stuff.

Hey Lone you have the wheels turning now. I wonder if the PVC is even close to cost comparision, I have to assume the increased labor would offset any material difference. I think I will call it in tomorrow for kicks afterall the fypon is 3-5 weeks.
Look into it. I know Fypon comes at a pretty penny. PVC trim isn't cheap either, but it may be close to a wash, depending on how elaborate the details are. Whatever you decide, pics are always appreciated.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Used Fypon on a garage once. It was scratched just from delivery. It seemed like an OK product, but not near as nice as Azek.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts