Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a question that i need to ask some contractors about, with regards to a legal issue i might have to take up with my contractor. hear me out please, as I don't want this to turn bad for me.

I was looking to get new duct work run in my house so i contacted a local HVAC contractor to look at it. he explained that my furnace was near its end of life(which i was also aware of), and that NYSEG was having a great deal on a rebate for new furnaces. I looked into it, and seemed like a good deal, but they had specific requirements for the installer: Federal tax ID, Certificate of Insurance or Business certificate needed for proof of purchase. I asked if he meet these qualifications for the installer and he said "yes". At the time i decided to not have the furnace done and just do the duct work. well, he tested the furnace and it had a major crack(or 2)in the heat exchanger,and stated that he had to shut it down. At this point i said that i might as well take advantage of the rebate through NYSEG and get a really good furnace installed, so he did everything and even filled out parts of the rebate form.

Now its time to sent in the rebate, and i don't have any of the things required by NYSEG for the installer. I contacted him about this numerous time over the last week, he initially said he would get to to me, but hasn't followed through. its been over a week now, and he isn't answering my calls or returning any of the many messages i have left for him.

Any i deas of what i can/should do?? is there any way that i can take him to small claims court for the rebate money?

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Thanks for posting on ContractorTalk.com. The Moderators of this forum would prefer if you post Do It Yourself related topics on our sister site www.DIYChatroom.com

ContractorTalk.com is designed for professional contractor's to discuss issues and topics related to the construction and remodeling industries. Many of our professional contractors are also members at DIYChatroom.com and are looking forward to assist you with your needs.

Please take a moment to post your question at www.DIYChatroom.com If your not already a member of DIYChatroom.com you can sign up for a free account by going to http://www.diychatroom.com/register.php/

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. This thread has been closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.