Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
stacker of sticks
8,502 Posts
Peewee said:
Does it make you ladies feel important to simply reply? I'm in south texas where oil is not the fuel, but what any fossil fuel needs in this instance is an escape route. Does your car have an exhaust pipe? So how's yours on the furnace and what kind of furnace was installed? Natural draft or induced? single stage 80% or condensing? I could go on but I'll await a reply... Come on now..

Seeing you have 6 posts, and based on your snarky comment are clearly green. This is a community where we talk about a lot of things. I find I learn way more from the derails then the original thread it's self.

So to your question. :no: I don't feel special. You clearly do. But I just got paid to post this. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
To the op. I would suggest taking apart the exhaust pipe where the elbow goes up the chimney / riser. Yesterday, we replaced an oil furnace with gas. The furnace wasn't all that old. When I disconnected said joint, the elbow was almost filled with soot, which led to poor combustion...etc.

At least get the firing analyzed to make sure all is well in that aspect.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thanks to everyone for the great suggestions. I think an air quality test is the next logical step. I'll keep you posted.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts