Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some diagnostic help with my Luxaire Furnace.
My problem:
The furnace blower will not come on after the burners have completed there cycle. I tested the fan limit switch and all other limits and they all check out ok.
There is a red LED light inside the furnace that flashes one time. According to the chart in the furnace, it says “Lockout Check Furnace”.

Someone suggested that I turn the switch power going to furnace on and off quickly and the lockout will reset it self. It did not work. What else can I do? Help! Freezing in Michigan.

Paul

·
Registered
52 Posts
If your stat has a "fan-on" position switch to that so you won't freeze till a technician can get there to diagnose the problem. If you have a fairly new Luxaire furnace you might as well get braced for a new circuit board. They have been dropping like flies in my area.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Furnace Blower Problem

Steve Wiggins said:
If your stat has a "fan-on" position switch to that so you won't freeze till a technician can get there to diagnose the problem. If you have a fairly new Luxaire furnace you might as well get braced for a new circuit board. They have been dropping like flies in my area.
Dear Steve:
My stat does have a fan on position - it will not start the blower motor. I disconnected the leads to the fan and wired them to a cord and run the fan that way. There is one thing that I did not mention - When I was replacing my furnace filter, half of it was gone. Could it have pluged up my air flow? There is no bind in the motor and the blower wheel turn easily.
Thanks for help
Paul

·
Registered
438 Posts
Did this problem start after the filter replacement? If so check to see if you may have upset the groung for the control board. These boards require that they be grounded to the chasis of the unit, be sure to check this from the 12 pin connection the wire would be green, make sure that it has a good ground.

bjd

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Paul said:
Dear Steve:
My stat does have a fan on position - it will not start the blower motor. I disconnected the leads to the fan and wired them to a cord and run the fan that way. There is one thing that I did not mention - When I was replacing my furnace filter, half of it was gone. Could it have pluged up my air flow? There is no bind in the motor and the blower wheel turn easily.
Thanks for help
Paul
The problem was the board! Thanks for your help
Paul

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bjd said:
Did this problem start after the filter replacement? If so check to see if you may have upset the groung for the control board. These boards require that they be grounded to the chasis of the unit, be sure to check this from the 12 pin connection the wire would be green, make sure that it has a good ground.

bjd
Thanks Bjd - The trouble was the board. Thanks for your help.
Paul

G

·
If you didn't find the other half of that filter, your other problem will be a blower motor. I recommend pulling the blower and making sure the vames on the wheel are un obstructed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts