Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i completely forgot to post this when i joined.anyhow a few weeks ago the guy i sub for calls me up and asks me to go check out a site he had a new crew on.he told me that an owner called him up the night before saying that something didnt look right to him.so i go by the place when i get rolling.when i pull in the house looks like its tarped up ,kinda.so i get out to look at the back.and then i see it.these maniacs tore the whole roof off.all the way down to the rafters.about 8 sq was still unsheathed.then the new fella shows up while me an my guy a standing there wondering wtf?i and i ask him "wha'd you do?" and he insisted that it is "common on tearoffs to take the original deck completely off,not every body does it though." maybe i missed something but i still cant see the reasoning behind this practice.does anybody else do this alot?if so explain to me why?anyway the best part is that i seen this same fella working for a new company a couple weeks later.thankfully he wasnt working on a roof.i guess that hes a DECK BUILDER TOO.HOLY :censored:!and im not finished its a two story house that has a balcony on the second story which is supported by 2 columns that rest directly on the porch that theyre working on.i tipped my hat crossed my heart and wondered if what i saw was really real.still seems to be to absurd for words.:eek:

·
Roofing Sage
3,409 Posts
I subbed for a guy who'd only bring 5 squares to the site at a time,
wait for that to be applied, then he'd bring another 5 squares.

:blink:

Not only that, he insisted that the roof be completely ripped off and dried in before he'd bring one shingle to the site.

:glare:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts