Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wrapping this up on Monday. I just have to trim and cap the posts, and fill in the last little bit next to the neighbors house. I don't do a lot of fences, but this one was actually really fun to build. Plus I got to put my new df700 to work making the gates.

I'm gonna do another part of his property next month. It will incorporate two 8 ft wide sliding gates which should be pretty fun to build.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Very nice Aaron:thumbup:

What part of town is that in? I swear I've seen that yallow house in the last pic before. I guess there could be more than one yellow house around though:laughing:

Dave

·
Registered
551 Posts
Nice looking gate!
Did you put a cant on the top rail/cap?....sweet

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice Aaron:thumbup:

What part of town is that in? I swear I've seen that yallow house in the last pic before. I guess there could be more than one yellow house around though:laughing:

Dave

Thanks! That's in east liberty. Hays st.

Totes, yeah, I put a bevel on the top cap.

·
Problem Solver
24 Posts
Nice - silly question though - the galvanized panels was just for look/ interest?

·
GC/carpenter
43,949 Posts
Wow...nice work. I like the detail. Interesting use of metal panels integrated into the fence. Wise choice putting spacers in the wood frame like that to help with expansion and contraction...should help prevent the wood from warping too. Cool detail above the entrance gate.
I don't see the spacers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very nice. I wish we could convince our clients to "supe" up their fencing. They all want the C.L. handyman price. Though many times it is the Cities who dictate the look down here. Or a displeased neighbor.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looks really good! Seeing this makes me wish I got the Domino 700 instead of the 500 but I really can't complain about that machine.
I wish I had both. The 700 is a little cumbersome and not really set up for 3/4 stock. I bought the Seneca adapter so it will take the 500 bits, I need to get the shims for it too.

·
Registered
Remodel
31,158 Posts
Very nice. I wish we could convince our clients to "supe" up their fencing. They all want the C.L. handyman price. Though many times it is the Cities who dictate the look down here. Or a displeased neighbor.
That reminds me, HD has 6' stockade panels for $8 right now - I better get some for the really cheap customers....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts