Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for full view screen door. The Anderson has a small brace across.

I was wondering if it could be removed. But may loose some strength. It is on the series that has the interchangeable window.

Going to stop by a big aluminum screen door outfit this morning and see what they can make me.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, looks like a brace on that screen too.

Stopped by that company yesterday and it's a no for them too. They had about 50 styles.

Making call to client today

·
Registered
477 Posts
Sorry this is so late, but I believe the Provia 096-G and 097-G are full view screen doors with removable Glass inserts. As far as I know they don't have support bars.

·
Registered
7,079 Posts
Pella Select has no bar in the screen. They are flimsy, but they make a clip that you can attach to the frame to keep the screen frame spread tight.
It doesn't come with the door you have to call Pella and ask them to send it to you.
Also, I think Larson Signature doesn't have a bar either.

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
Would a roll up screen work?
Exactly what I was thinking. If you don't need a storm door then the roll outs are handy for when you actually want the screen but not in the way the other 6000 times you're walking through the door.

Of course, OP is in Florida where you need a screen door for more than the 4 months we do up here in New England.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts