Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

i'm not an HVAC guy at all, but I've inherited a job that requires a cooling tower for a water treatment plant. One item that I noted was the connections being made to the cooling tower. Would this suffice as a frost proof connection? Do y'all have any recommendations for a frost proof connection? Any input would be helpful. I've attached a picture of one connection that's existing. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Frost Proof Connections

Hi all,

I've inherited a job that requires a cooling tower for a water treatment plant. One item that I noted was the connections being made to the cooling tower. Would this suffice as a frost proof connection? I haven't dealt too much with pipework but this doesn't seem to be one. Any recommendations for a frost proof connection for this applications?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
A Temperature activated alarm on the cold water return line, I.E. comes on as water nears freezing?

wrap with mobile home water pipe heater tape? Air gaped at freeze point? water fall drop, staged levels of cooling "by-Passing"???

What has been done on ten-twenty year old still working condensate towers in the climate zone?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts