Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
I can just see that happening on some jobsite here. I think I did that on a Bobcat for about 3 seconds once.... took longer than that to drop my drawers and check my britches!

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
I can just see that happening on some jobsite here. I think I did that on a Bobcat for about 3 seconds once.... took longer than that to drop my drawers and check my britches!
I did a face plant with a bobcat once. Carrying the load too high and went in a dip. Next thing I know the ground is 6 inches in front of my face.:eek:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I did a face plant with a bobcat once. Carrying the load too high and went in a dip. Next thing I know the ground is 6 inches in front of my face.:eek:

Hahaha i did one better, i wasnt paying attention dumping dirt, had my bucket all the way up and dumped it. All the dirt went on my lap. Luckily it wasnt rocks.

·
Trailer park boy
4,802 Posts
I was watching this guy pull some small stumps at a friends house with a bobcat with a back hoe attachment, I think (We had some beers so its kinda fuzzy)

Rented machine, said he operated a few so, ok, whatever.

He'd grab the stump, give it a tug, little more tug, then WHAM, machine went flying forwards like a stoppie, and he'd slam his face into the windshield. I was like holy F dude, that's gotta hurt a bit.

He did that like 12 times in a row, tug, tug WHAM, tug tug WHAM, I almost peed myself trying not to laugh right out loud.

·
Designing YourImagination
275 Posts
Boy its a good thing I didnt see this video 4 years ago when I ran a front end loader at an asphalt plant!! We drove the skidsteers and lifts on 2 wheels alot. I could also drive my 970 Cat and 90ZV Kawasaki Front end Loader on its side tires. Def not OSHA or IMSHA approved...but it gave you a rush from H***!! I dont recommend this for anyone who doesnt know exactly what they are doing!!!

·
Designing YourImagination
275 Posts
I was watching this guy pull some small stumps at a friends house with a bobcat with a back hoe attachment, I think (We had some beers so its kinda fuzzy)

Rented machine, said he operated a few so, ok, whatever.

He'd grab the stump, give it a tug, little more tug, then WHAM, machine went flying forwards like a stoppie, and he'd slam his face into the windshield. I was like holy F dude, that's gotta hurt a bit.

He did that like 12 times in a row, tug, tug WHAM, tug tug WHAM, I almost peed myself trying not to laugh right out loud.

I have watched and also participated in things like this will driving a bobcat off of a washed screenings pile 25' in the air.....came straight down the side of an 70 degree slope and bucket slammed straight into the ground as it started to roll over....needless to say after we all attempted it...we were all out of breath and sore. We were even getting paid....OSHA was no where around :) Good Times

·
Registered
1,965 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cool video. I have seen one from the internet where a guy loads a bobcat or the like onto a truck at regular dock height wth no ramp just doing some similar manuvers. Can't beat a guy at his trade,though you do have to wonder how they learned manuvers like that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts