Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys this is a great site! I need some help. I've been painting for some years, but strictly residential. Can any of you give me pointers on pricing commercial painting. Obviously you're covering alot more area quickly by spraying than brushing or rolling. How would this price this? Also what would you recommend as far as containing the cloud of paint mist goes?

Fred

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I still roll and can match anybodys price on an occupied or finished structure. The cost of masking and covering really negates the advantage of spraying plus the overspray always winds up on something that has to be cleaned up or replaced.
I also find that sprayed paint doesn't adhere as well. I'm going to catch flak on this but will justify it by saying that no one in South Florida must know how to do it. As soon as I get the disc I'll post pictures.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Teetorbilt,
sounds like you'd only recommend spray for brand new construction.

Teetorbilt said:
I still roll and can match anybodys price on an occupied or finished structure. The cost of masking and covering really negates the advantage of spraying plus the overspray always winds up on something that has to be cleaned up or replaced.
I also find that sprayed paint doesn't adhere as well. I'm going to catch flak on this but will justify it by saying that no one in South Florida must know how to do it. As soon as I get the disc I'll post pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts