Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody, I've followed the site for a while now but just joined and wanted to introduce myself.

I've been framing for 6 years now and it's time to start up on my own. I've built custom homes, cookie cutters, and multi family (biggest being a 90 unit condo). I've been the lead hand for 3 years and finally have the confidence that I will be successful. If anybody else is from Edmonton or Alberta say hi! I would love to meet some contacts and see people around jobsites.

Chad.

Attachments

·
Lazy Millennial
Carpenter
4,014 Posts
Welcome and enjoy your stay! This is pretty cool place, something new to learn every day. I'm from Sherwood Park myself but I work on sites all over the city. What part of the city is that condo going up?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That condo was going up in windemere until some loser broke into it and set it on fire. It's a real shame I lost all that hard work and thinking I put into it. I was pretty excited to be able to show it to people as my first massive project at the age of 25.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
That condo was going up in windemere until some loser broke into it and set it on fire. It's a real shame I lost all that hard work and thinking I put into it. I was pretty excited to be able to show it to people as my first massive project at the age of 25.
Did you get the contract to re-build it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just the lead hand. My boss did absolutely nothing though, just sat in his truck and watched and took all the credit for it.... He denied to rebuild it I guess but now that I have my own insurance and everything I might try to get the contract for the west side of the firewall.

They have some guy in there now taking a layer off the concrete, trying to salvage the slab but I cant help but think they'll have to bust the whole pad out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
From Edmonton

I just found this site, pretty nice! I am in the exact same situation as chadwich, different trade. How do you plan on going out to get those contracts? I do sub-contracts right now and am starting my own company very soon. I would need some tips and wonder what is the ongoing rates to charge for new shingles and re-roof? By the way, I don't think you will have a hard time getting jobs around, there isn't a lot of good framers around, so goodluck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts