Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I woke up this morning furnice was blowing cold air.There is no flame and red light blinks fast four times.Is this over heat protection?I tried replacing filter, but it did not help.It's getting really cold please help me.

·
Registered
227 Posts
dieguy7007 said:
when I woke up this morning furnice was blowing cold air.There is no flame and red light blinks fast four times.Is this over heat protection?I tried replacing filter, but it did not help.It's getting really cold please help me.
How bad was the filter? If it was bad enough the unit may have been tripping itself out on limit for a period, it may have caused the limit to fail and not reset itself. Most newer furnaces will auto reset (up to a point) but will not stand day in day out cycling on the limit itself. Time to have it checked by a Pro.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm not sure about auto reset, but I started cleaning all connectors to all the sensors and switches and after 10 min of work and restoring power furnice started working again.I got to tell You that feels really nice.Allready called a pro and his estimates was $150-$300 and makes me feel even better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts