Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Moberly Handyman
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This maybe common knowledge, but thought I'd pass it along in case not. You can post a free listing with the online yellow pages for your business by just visiting their site & filling out your info. I put one up 4 wks ago and have gotten two excellent calls that turned into profitable jobs, with more work lined up from both of them as well.

The price is definitely right too, can't hardly beat free! Here's the link to place your listing

http://m1.adsolutions.yp.com/free-listing-basic-benefits

·
Wormdrive Operator
3,318 Posts
Then they call you every once in a while harassing you to pay them for an upgraded ad.
Also, your free ad is only visible if someone searches specifically for your business name, so I highly doubt you got any calls from it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

·
Moberly Handyman
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did get a couple of sales calls, but after I told them they had to call me early like b4 7am or else by email haven't been bothered by them.

Doubt if you'd like, all I know is that those two customers told me themselves they found us from our online yellow pages ad. Naming our website moberlyhandyman.com also helps I'm sure too.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Then they call you every once in a while harassing you to pay them for an upgraded ad.
Also, your free ad is only visible if someone searches specifically for your business name, so I highly doubt you got any calls from it.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
I searched YP and found that my name was listed without specifically asking for it. Just a general search.
of course it was listed number 16, second after all of the different lead companies.....

·
Moberly Handyman
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I searched YP and found that my name was listed without specifically asking for it. Just a general search.
of course it was listed number 16, second after all of the different lead companies.....

That's about where we at also. Good thing I see about it is that we're the first listing with a local ph number rather than some 800 number to call.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
That's about where we at also. Good thing I see about it is that we're the first listing with a local ph number rather than some 800 number to call.
I am third with local number.
Problem is the first two are not even in my county....
By the way, I paid for a year of their paid service and it did pay off. it seems a lot of older folks use it. I love those folks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I signed up for the free YP listing a couple of months ago. It's generated a lot more legitimate work than Home Advisor ever did. I range from 10th-20th on the search ranking depending on the type of job and the location.

[Somehow my old account quit working, so this isn't technically my first post.]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts