Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested in giving CV a spin, they are offering a 30 day free trial.
No, I don't get a free toaster if anyone buys. I use this program and have had great success with it.

http://essential.cabinetvision.com/

Reactions: aptpupil

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
50,011 Posts

·
The Duke
14,746 Posts
I hope others have an easier time than I did. It crashed on install and it wouldn't let me re-install. This was the last time CV was available for download, which they probably have just continued the "special"

Just an FYI, the functionality of CV essential is IMO pretty poor. They left out quite alot to be desired. For $1000, one can skip CV and find something much easier, better, and more flexible. If one is eventually looking to go all out with CV, then it might be worth it. If you are thinking that you are going to spend $1000 and you are all set, you might want to reconsider.

I have used the full version and it is much, much better. Not sure if it is worth, what....$18k?

·
Registered
288 Posts
I used the full version. It is a very good program for CNC-capable shops. If not doing the cnc-route, I would think there was better stuff out there for the money.

It's a great program, though, and worth a look if you're CNC outfitted.

Leo, your link was from a year 2000 review. I don't know if it was in support or not, but I can say the program has improved leaps and bounds since then... at least I'm assuming (didn't use it in 2000). But judging by the year-to-year improvements I saw it would simply not be an appropriate comparison.

I've used a few of the top-tier CNC-based programs (CV, Microvellum, a hopped-up version of Kreate) and while some are better at certain aspects than others, Cabinet Vision has done a great job as a whole.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts