Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get a call Friday from everycontractor.com asking if I am interested in taking on kitchen and bathroom interior remodeling work.

I knew what the deal was, so I bit and said "yes". He informs me that there are no qualified contractors in my area and they are in need of someone to follow-up on a lead.

I asked how they knew I was qualified - they said they ran a report with the BBB.

So I say sure, let me have the name, number, address, project, etc. He says no problem, it's a one-time deal for $999.00 per year and emphasizes that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I go back and forth with him about not wanting to pay for a bum lead, and that I want to follow-up with the lead at not cost to me, and if I get the job (signed contract) I will pay the fee.

At this point he puts me on hold for about 30 seconds, comes back and says he has just been authorized to give all information to me free of charge and that he will follow-up with me in a week to see if I signed a contract.

This was about 6pm Friday, will attempt to call the lead on Monday.

What are your thoughts on this? BS, false lead?

·
Super Moderator
11,965 Posts
Sounds like you called his bluff. There's a good chance he gave you a bogus phone number, address, etc. If you have both, do a reverse directory search to see if the phone and address match up.

·
David Festa
2,561 Posts
Everycontrator.com Scam

Cookie if you back and look at previous threads you’ll see that everycontrator.com is bating you.
All there leads are distributed by humans not by computer. What does this mean? They use this system to bait new contractors and only give qualified leads to the highest bidding contractor within their system.
Ounce you are in their system they will try to get you to pay more money. From what I can gather everycontrator.com has three levels of receiving leads, the more you pay the better chance of getting qualified leads
Everycontrator.com as well as other lead providers do not put a cap on how many contractors they will bring in under their belt: the end result: not enough qualified leads to go around

·
Registered
123 Posts
So I get a call Friday from everycontractor.com asking if I am interested in taking on kitchen and bathroom interior remodeling work.

I knew what the deal was, so I bit and said "yes". He informs me that there are no qualified contractors in my area and they are in need of someone to follow-up on a lead.

I asked how they knew I was qualified - they said they ran a report with the BBB.

So I say sure, let me have the name, number, address, project, etc. He says no problem, it's a one-time deal for $999.00 per year and emphasizes that they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

I go back and forth with him about not wanting to pay for a bum lead, and that I want to follow-up with the lead at not cost to me, and if I get the job (signed contract) I will pay the fee.

At this point he puts me on hold for about 30 seconds, comes back and says he has just been authorized to give all information to me free of charge and that he will follow-up with me in a week to see if I signed a contract.

This was about 6pm Friday, will attempt to call the lead on Monday.

What are your thoughts on this? BS, false lead?
These guys are a joke. In 10 months not one lead, when they called me they told me " I have homeowner looking for your service etc,etc." Don't sign up. There are scam artist and liars. I can go on and on

·
Registered
539 Posts
Free lead?

Homeowner supposedly expressed interest on Friday in doing a project that your qualified to do for him?

and you're waiting for Monday to call?:no:

Either way, hope it was a valid lead and worked out for you and not the usual garbage they pass off as leads.

·
Project Manager
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, update. I admit to actually calling, about an hour ago....

It was a lead from NYC (I am outside of Philadelphia in Pennsylvania).

Turns out it was an NYC contractor who signed up as a h/o seeing how fast he'd get responses to gauge if it was something he would be interested in signing up for.

·
Scooter
304 Posts
:jester:I'm dying over here....... I think I pissed myself:laughing:

·
Registered
11 Posts
This is all too funny. I got a call from them last wednesday. To see if they were legit, I posted my name as an interested homeowner. Turns out I spoke to one guy (after leveling with him about what I had done), and he told me that in nine months, I was the only lead that came across. The funny partof this is that as the 'homeowner' I got about a dozen calls in three days with follow up questions. All the calls were from everycontractor, not actual contractors. Man, they wouldn't let me loose!

Finally, as the homeowner, I got a call from a 'contractor' from my area (lynbrook long island). I said that he didn't have a 516 area code, and he replied that he was calling from his cell phone. I asked him why his cell phone has a Vegas area code, and he hung up. How low does it get? Preying on innocent contractors just trying to make a back?

·
Banned
3 Posts
Dead leads

DON'T BELIEVE ANY OF THEM, IT'S ALL A CON GAME, HOW DO I KNOW? I TRIED OVER 6 OF THEM, (DIFFERENT COMPANIES) I KNOW, I KNOW!!! HOW MANY GOOD LEADS 0!!!

EITHER THE LEAD IS DEAD, OR 20 OTHER GUYS ARE BIDDING.....AND AT THE LOWEST PRICE.

IF THEIR TELEMARKETERS CAN GENERATE $999.00 FROM A FEW THOUSAND CONTRACTORS A WEEK STATE WIDE ...NOT BAD.

tonyP:eek:

·
Registered
127 Posts
Got everycontractor for $95

They called me and I could not refuse the deal, sign up with them and they will give me the service for $95 bucks for the entire year! This was the fourth convo I had with them. They said they really want to earn my biz, we will see. There is no way in hell that I was going to spend more then $100 bucks for the service, I won they lost, now I will see if they follow through.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts