Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was installed by a plumber nine years ago. The cold water handle was broken, the plastic button got pushed in and stuck, but I managed to fix that.

Then I saw it leak in three different places. I fixed one of the leaks where the hose enters the tank. But some of the fittings look cheap. It drips where the copper tube enters the plastic T. And there are drips where it goes up through the sink. I don't know if you're supposed to take these completely apart every ten years to replace the fittings or what.

Cable management Wire Electrical wiring Fuel line Cable

·
Registered
818 Posts
Anxious for the storm that will surely come from the elite plumbers

·
Registered
103 Posts
I believe the plastic tee that you have there is good only for plastic tubbing and could be the reason you are getting some of the leaks. They have compression fittings with a metal feral that are meant for soft copper.

·
Registered
819 Posts
anything except Franke

(that was a joke)

Franke is typically a brand name I see at Menards

if your talking about Instant hot water like for Coffee then I always install the Insinkerator one

·
Registered
9,601 Posts
anything except Franke

(that was a joke)

if your talking about Instant hot water like for Coffee then I always install the Insinkerator one
It's the same one just different label

Franke makes very good high end sinks though

·
PlumbingZone Reject
62 Posts
I believe the plastic tee that you have there is good only for plastic tubbing and could be the reason you are getting some of the leaks. They have compression fittings with a metal feral that are meant for soft copper.

Nope, those are what ship with the tank.

The old Tri-Flow's also came with supplies with integrated plastic push fittings.

·
PlumbingZone Reject
62 Posts
anything except Franke

(that was a joke)

The Insinkerator ones are even more cheaply made than the Franke's.

At least the Franke tap has soft copper inlets and outlets and a stainless boiler tank, whereas the ISE tank is plastic (yeah, an immersion element in a plastic tank) and the inlet and outlet tubing on the ISE tap are also plastic.

Also, the Franke generally comes with a ceramic filter element, whereas the ISE filter is just activated charcoal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts