Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking into affiliating myself with a company that does design and marketing for decks, pergolas, fences, etc. They are set-up with web support, pricing help, contract help and I get the rights to a defined area. Has any one heard anything about GardenStructure.com? Good or bad?

The start-up cost is somewhat reasonable and their monthly fee structure isn't too high. They will do the web design & hosting for me as well as assist in the marketing of my company. I get to keep my own company's identity, etc. and don't have to give them a percentage of my sales.

I was hoping to get some insight from you guys here - I don't always agree with everyone's opinion but I do value and respect it - lol :) . But seriously, I would be grateful for any advice.

Terry

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Just make sure YOU own YOUR domain name. You can get screwed if you ever decide to break away from them and they own your website address.

I've never heard about them but when I am planning financial decisions I assume the worst. Not because I am pesisimistic, but because I need to know that to factor in can I stomach the loss?

Ask yourself these questions:
For the money I give them what am I getting in return?
How much $$$ will they assist in marketing my business?
How many LEADS can I expect to get as a reult of them marketing my busienss?
Can I do everything they are doing on my own? If YES, then what would my cost be to do it myself?
Are they providing me with a successful business model?
What freedoms do I give up in this partnership?

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advise Grumpy. I made the decision to go with them and just finished the deck & fences that were my first lead from them - I made more from the one lead than I had to pay for the franchise rights so I'm way ahead of the game. Deck season is pretty much over up here so I am positioning myself to go full time come spring. I am listed on the website under their "contractors" section and am working on the design of my own web pages that will be linked to the site now. We have just recently had a couple of contractors join from LA and Dallas!

Wish me luck!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts